Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What's New

Hi everyone! Lots to show and tell today. I'm happy to be able to say that we've actually eaten 4 of our tomatoes! They are really good. We'll never get enough at the same time to even make a salad but that's okay, we only have two plants. So we enjoy them as they ripen.


They taste very good. I don't even need to put salt and pepper on them!

I've started a new canvas embroidery project. It's really fun.


This is just the start, of course. This is two evening's worth of work. I love working with the different threads. I hope I have some left over as well for TAST and other things.

Speaking of TAST, I think I'm several weeks ahead of schedule but that's okay since I am doing it as an "independent study" (can you tell I'm the daughter of a professor?!)

This is my sample of the cast on stitch. It was pretty fun and...wiggly!

My rock tumbling project is going very well. I enjoy the heck out of doing this. The rocks are really shaping up.

As you can see, although, the crevices and "veins" are not quite smoothed out. I still have the rocks in the most abrasive powder stage. Today is the 8th day in this first stage. I'm going to leave them in there for a while more. I don't necessarily want totally smooth and flaw-free stones but a little more can be done with specimens like the above.


Once again proving my ties to a professor, I keep a detailed journal of the entire process, down to how many milliliters of water I add and when! It's come in handy for references. I guess that's why one keeps a journal. I will not be copying this journal onto my blog....no one in their right mind would want to read it. It is quite boring, actually. But I AM photographing the entire process and will have those pictures on my photoblog The Camera Lenz once it's complete.

As far as my teeth problems go...yes, I am still having problems. But it IS getting better. If disgusting tasting medicine is the answer, I should be all better any day now!

4 comments:

verobirdie said...

Your tomatoes are earlier than mine! Good for you.
Good also that your teeth are doing better.

Kathy A. said...

That is so tempting - sliced tomato and home grown = yummy!
Embroidery is looking so pretty.
Your rock tumbling is looking very interesting. Look forward to the finished stone

Susan Elliott said...

Oh boy, Wanda, lots has happened while I was away. Your cast on stitch sampler is perfect since I could see that you used lots and lots of different kinds of threads. I'm happy that you're tomatoes have come in and I'm finding your rock tumbling prowess to be quite impressive. A new project is always fun with a fresh start and a new pattern.

Take care of that mouth and have a great day,
Susan

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your new canvas start is lovely! That rock will be so pretty when you're done with it!