Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Skiing, "Sometimes Together" Progress

Hi everyone! All last week "they" were predicted a beautiful Saturday. You know, one of those winter days that just won't quit. And it came true! We packed up the car and headed to Lenggries where there is a ski resort with a panorama restaurant.


For once, the weather predictions were correct and this day just went on forever, like the view.


Fog covered much of the valley but, up top and towards the mountains, it was breathtaking.


The skiing was awesome even though there were lots of people all over the place. But it wasn't just skiers, there were hikers and snowboarders, walkers and lookers, families and school trips.


It was a day for everyone to do whatever it was that they enjoyed.



It was certainly a beautiful day and a wonderful experience. If you want to see more pictures, check out The Camera Lenz where I have a slide show.

My "creative mojo" is still going strong (it's my "blog mojo" that seems lacking these days) and I'm happy to say that the blocks on Sometimes Together are finished.



I am not posting all the individual blocks but they are all nice. Above is a very pretty one which includes rocks and two different types of beads.


This is the piece in its entirety as it is right now. You can click to enlarge to get a better view of the different blocks.


And now I am at the point where I really have to make my decision about the stitching between the blocks. I'm still working on that. I know what I want but I don't have the thread yet to do it. So, in the mean time, I'm working on my Long Dog Sampler, The Spirit of Vierlande. No progress pictures yet.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blocks are looking GOOD! I really like the stones with the needlework. wonderful to look at!

verobirdie said...

Those pictures are geat, and so bright. Much have been a lot of fun.

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
Beautiful! Simply beautiful! Your photos are great too...as always!
Susan

Guzzisue said...

look at the mountains! now this area looks worth a visit some time :-)

quiltmom anna said...

The piece has come along beautifully Wanda- it is gorgeous....
There is something about the mountains that feeds one soul. I have not been to the mountains for awhile (the Canadian Rockies are about a 4 hour drive from where I live). They are so beautiful and awe inspiring. I am not a skier but I do enjoy visiting the mountains and seeing all the majestic views.
Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.
Regards,
Anna

Susan Elliott said...

WOW!!! Those skiing pics are phenomenal -- lucky lucky you!!!

Emmy said...

great pictures and wonderful work

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wendy what stunning scenery!!!!!

Your creation is gorgeous!