Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a great day, whatever you did. Here, in my little corner of the world, we celebrated with a traditional turkey dinner. I ordered a fresh, Bavarian turkey. The problem with ordering a fresh turkey is that you don't know exactly what the size is going to be. Well, my "tom" weighed in at 7.2 kilos (almost 16 pounds)...a bit much for 3 people, wouldn't you say? At first I thought it wasn't going to fit into the oven, much less the pan. All turned out well though and I discovered that fresh turkeys get more "bendable" after you wash and prepare them.


I have a wonderful "umlauf" oven with I think is called "circulating heat" so my big bird browned nice and even and it hit the right temperature after just 4 1/2 hours at about 300. It was "picture perfect".


In fact, the whole meal was perfect! Of course, I have a truckload of leftovers, even after passing on the "American tradition" of guests taking leftovers home. Have tupperware....will share the leftovers!



I have to say that my stuffing was the best. Do you know why? ......


Just imagine...stuffing made from SEMMEL!!!! Yes, it just can't get any better than that!!

For more pictures from my Thanksgiving, please click on The Camera Lenz for a slideshow.

1 comment:

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
Beautiful dinner.....great stuffing! Congratulations on your Nordic Needles feature article. You should post it here!
Susan