Friday, July 5, 2013

When It's Gray


Even on a gray, almost dreary day, there is still plenty to see.


 These beautiful flowers are blooming all over the place.  They range from pure white to dark purple. They are called Digitalis Purpurea and are originally native to western and southwestern Europe.   As an interesting side-note, an overdose of their toxicity causes anorexia, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea as well as xanthopsia which is jaundiced and yellow vision.  Wow...I don't think I'll be putting any of these on my salad!!

 There are some tadpoles with front legs now.  Pretty exciting for a tadpole fan like myself.
This is the little pond, what I call a 'sunny pond', that has the tadpoles in it.  If you remember from past blog entries, I have seen both Mallard and Asian ducks here.  A while ago, I saw 10 little ducklings here swimming around all by themselves.  Although I waited, no parent duck came.  Since that time, I haven't seen any ducks, adult or baby.

1 comment:

Susan Lenz said...

Nice ... especially the tadpoles!
Susan and Steve