Monday, August 25, 2014

Stars For A New Millenium - finished!!

 When I finished off the last thread of the last stitch, I sighed and said, "Boy, was THAT fun!"  Susan..once again, thank you so much!  You were right...of course I had enough thread.  Sometimes, more than enough!
At first, I figured it would take me about 6 weeks to finish.  Then, I thought more.  In the end, it was less than a month.  I never got bored and I didn't want it to end.  I think I could start it all over again using different colors and not be tired of it.

So now that this is done, I am going back to Hardanger.  I got hundreds of dollars of new thread and they are crying out to be used!  After getting back into the swing of Hardanger (by making a .... doily!!) I will start a table runner.


1 comment:

Susan Lenz said...

It looks absolutely fabulous. The other night at Bill Mishoe's auction, a woman who bought several lots of Maureen Hightower's threads/projects/stuff gave me another project for you. We had talked about how I was buying things for you. Anyway, she gave me another "just started" silk and metal piece of a Chinese fan. You are going to love silk and metal too ... because it is challenging and so very pretty. Good luck on the hardanger ... not that you need it! Susan